- Effective Date; Changes. This Policy applies to all information collected by or provided to us in connection with the Service. However, this Policy does not apply to “Confidential Information” as defined in our Terms of Service. When we make any material changes to this Policy, we will change the Effective Date above and will inform you by email sent to the address associated with your Service account and/or through the Service the next time you login. Where required by applicable law, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to either notify you or provide you with an opportunity to opt-out from us making a new use or disclosure of your personally identifiable information. Your continued use of the Service following such notice shall be deemed to be your acceptance of the changes.
- Third Parties. The Service may contain, and we may send to registered users, offers from third parties or links to third party websites. This Policy does not apply to information that you may provide to or that may be collected by third parties. We encourage you to request that such third parties provide you with their applicable privacy policies and other terms and conditions before engaging with or making a purchase from such third parties.
- Collected Information.
Information You Submit. When you login to or create an account with the Service, we collect the information you provide in the applicable form. This information includes personally identifiable information such as your name, username, email address, password, address, nanny preferences, schedule information, dietary restrictions and other personal information. When we refer to “personally identifiable information” in this Policy, we mean information that we can directly associate with a specific person or entity without additional information. To the extent you decline to share certain personally identifiable information with us, we may not be able to provide some or all of the features and functionalities found on the Service.
Information Collected Automatically. When you use the Service, we automatically gather certain non-personally identifiable information from you. This includes usage information, such as information on when, how often and for how long you use the Service and the content you submit and view. This also includes server log data such as the IP address or operating system, or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Service. As described below, we collect this information through a number of means, including server logs, cookies and other online tracking mechanisms. We may associate such non-personally identifiable information with the personally identifiable information that you provide in connection with the Service. But if we do so, we will treat the combined information as personally identifiable information.
Analytics Services. We use certain third party services to assist us in analysis, auditing, research and reporting regarding the Services. These third parties may use web logs or web beacons, and they may set and access cookies on your computer or other device.
Publicly Available Information. We may collect certain publicly available personally identifiable information about you, including from our third party partners in the business of aggregating and distributing such information. This information may be collected prior to or after you sign up with the Service, and may be combined with other personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information collected as described in this Policy.
Online Tracking and Cookies. The Service may use web beacons, cookies and other online tracking mechanisms to collect information. “Beacons” (also often referred to as “pixels”) are tiny graphics on a web page designed to track when a page is viewed. Beacons also can be inserted into emails in order to track certain information, including whether an email has been opened. “Cookies” are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters that are downloaded by your web browser or mobile device when you visit a website. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies when you access and use the Services. Cookies may be used, for example, to remember your user account information and your preferences, to customize the interface of the Services for you and to assist us in measuring and analyzing Services traffic. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Services. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your browser's documentation to learn the best way to remove cookies and to modify your cookie settings. You can take steps to limit tracking by erasing cookies from your computer's hard drive and by setting your browser to block all cookies or warn you before a cookie is stored. We partner with certain third parties to collect non-personally identifiable information. These third parties may use web logs, web beacons or other online tracking mechanisms, and they may set and access cookies on your computer or other device. Means of opting out of this third party data collection are discussed below in Section 7.
Do Not Track. There are different ways you can prevent tracking of some of your online activity. One of them is by setting a preference in your browser that alerts websites you visit that you do not want them to collect certain information about you. This is referred to as a Do Not Track signal. Please note that our website does not currently recognize or take action in response to Do Not Track or similar signals from any browser.
- Use of Information.
We use the personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information that we collect about you as follows:
Disclosure of Information.
- We will use submitted information for the purposes for which you provided the information, including, for example, to create and maintain a Service account for you or respond to a question that you email to us. We also use submitted information and collected information as necessary to provide the features and functionality of the Service to you, as well as to provide our offline services to you, including to match you with any Other Family (as defined in our Terms of Service), to find a nanny for you and to facilitate our nanny providing services to you. In addition, we may provide your personally identifiable information to any Other Family while we are trying to match you with an Other Family.
- We may send you emails regarding updates or modifications to the Service.
- We use submitted information and collected information to personalize the content that you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences.
- We may analyze collected information relating to your use of the Service in order to help us improve the Service and develop and improve other products and services.
- We may use submitted information and collected information to help troubleshoot problems, provide you with required notices, enforce our Terms of Service or to alert you to changes in our policies or agreements that may affect your use of the Service.
- We may combine personally identifiable information collected through the Service with other information that we collect about you in other contexts—such as our communications with you via email, phone or postal mail. We will handle such combined information in accordance with this Policy.
We disclose the personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information that we collect about you as follows:
Viewing and Amending Information. You can log into your Service account and view or amend your user account information at any time. Please note that while changes to your account information are reflected promptly in active user databases, our servers may retain previously provided information. Note that changes to, or deletion of, your Service account user information does not affect any other information collected by us, which we may retain and continue to use or disclose in accordance with this Policy. We may delete your account if you are deceased or for other reasons in our discretion.
Choices Regarding Third Party Offers and Our Offers. To the extent we send you commercial emails regarding third party marketing or promotional materials, we will give you the ability to opt-out of receiving such emails in accordance with applicable law. We will not provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent. You may unsubscribe from our promotional emails at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of an email or logging into your account and editing your subscriptions. Removing your name from an email list may take up to 10 (ten) days.
Security. We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risks. Although we have made reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information, we cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your personally identifiable information will always stay private. There is no guarantee that information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical or organizational safeguards. We also cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to circumvent our security measures and obtain access to your personally identifiable information and use it for improper purposes.
Transfer as Corporate Asset. In the event of a merger, sale of capital stock or assets, reorganization, consolidation or similar transaction involving us, the information we possess (including personally identifiable information) may be transferred as a corporate asset to the acquiring entity, provided that such entity will continue to handle such information in accordance with this Policy.
Transfer to the U.S. or other Countries. We are established in and use facilities in the United States. Your information will be stored and processed in the United States or other countries where we have facilities. By using the Service, you consent to the transfer of information outside of your country, even if your country has more rigorous data protection standards.
Children Under 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 and the Service is intended for adults over the age of 18. If you are a parent and believe that your child under the age of 13 has used the Service and provided personally identifiable information to us through the Service, please contact us at email@example.com and we will work to delete that Service account and any such personally identifiable information.
Provisions Applicable to California Residents Only. If you are a California resident, you have a right to request certain information with respect to the types of personal information we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and the identities of those third parties, within the immediately preceding calendar year, subject to certain exceptions. All requests for such information must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We may provide advertisers and other third parties with aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about our user base and its usage patterns.
- We use contractors and third party service providers to provide the Service to our users and help us understand the use of the Service. These contractors and third party service providers may collect information sent through the Service for use on our behalf.
- We may report aggregated, de-identified data relating to activity on the Service to third parties or the general public. We may combine such data with data obtained from third party sources in order to generate such reports.
- We will use and disclose information where we, in good faith, believe that the law or legal process (such as a court order, search warrant or subpoena) requires us to do so; to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or violations of our terms and conditions; or in other circumstances where we believe is necessary to protect our rights, safety or property, or our users or any third party.
This same California law permits us to provide you, in response to your written request, with a cost-free means to choose not to have your information shared rather than providing the above described information. To that end, you may request that we do not disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties for their own direct marketing purposes by contacting us by email at email@example.com.
Your Acknowledgments. By using our website, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy and our Terms of Service. You also agree that you assume all risks regarding your use of the website, transmissions made over the Internet generally, and your sharing of your personally identifiable information.
By using the website, you grant us and all other persons or entities involved in the operation of our website the right to receive, disclose, monitor, retrieve, store and use your personally identifiable information, including information that may be privileged and confidential under applicable state and federal laws, in connection with the operation of our website and our maintenance of your personally identifiable information, as described in this Policy.
How to Contact Us. Should you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, or any comments, concerns or general feedback, please do not hesitate to contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.